Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicken Brat Stuffed Meat Loaf

Friday I went to my butchers for ground chuck to make a meatloaf. I had planned on stuffing it with some of his brats or sausage links. He had some fresh chicken brats so decided to use them. I wanted to smoke & cook them first so put them on for an hour on smoke mode, 175 deg then went to 225 deg to finish to an IT of 155 deg.

Sat after lunch I mixed up my meat loaf.
1 ½ lbs ground chuck
1 small chopped onion
2 eggs
½ cup crushed crackers
¼ cup BBQ sauce
Garlic salt & fresh ground pepper

I divided the mixture in half, pressed into a flat loaf shape. One of the chicken brats would be enough. I sliced shallow cuts on both curved sides to straighten some. I laid a slice of red pepper on the sides for a little color & taste. I shaped the other half & placed on top & sealed the edges.

I put the meat loaf on at 325 deg. After 45 min. it was at 140 deg IT so went to 350 deg & was up to 160 deg IT, total cook time one hour 20 min. I placed it into a 200 deg oven to hold while I did a quick stir fry of sugar snap peas, red & yellow peppers, & onions. I warmed up some of my smashed potatoes too.

It all tasted good & was a pretty easy meal to fix.

Bottom half w/brat & red pepper


Ready for the smoker


On the smoker


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment