Monday, April 17, 2017

IP Beef, Potatoes & Carrots W/Country Gravy

Apr 17 2017

This is the first year in ages I didn’t cook for Easter. My usual was ham, scalloped cheese potatoes, corn pudding and sometime s a green bean casserole.

For this Easter I took all the family to Thai Jasmine in Lima Ohio Saturday evening for our family dinner; it was really good food. We had crab Rangoon for an appetizer and I had a crispy egg roll; about the best I ever had. We had enough left to take and eat for our lunch Sunday. Our son and family went to her parents Sunday. Our daughter was with us Sunday to eat before heading home.

I took it easy on myself and cooked in the Instant Pot, minute steaks, Baby potatoes, carrots smothered in country gravy. I browned the minute steaks on one side and made two cups of gravy with Pioneer Brand Country Gravy. I chopped two slices of sweet onions for the bottom of the pot, added in the potatoes and carrots and poured half the gravy over. I then added in the steaks and the rest of the gravy. I cooked it on “Meat normal mode” for 15 minutes and supper was ready. I let it set about 15 minutes before releasing the steam.


That was an easy meal and tasted great! I mashed my potatoes, carrots and had gravy over them. The meat was fork tender.

Browning the meat






























My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment