Thursday, December 1, 2016

Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner

Nov 30 2016

I found a recipe at peggyunderpressure.com that sounded good and easy to throw together.  I changed a little on the cooking method.

Ingredients
·         4 thick-cut, bone-in pork chops
·         1 green pepper, chopped. I used a half pepper
·         1 onion, chopped
·         6-8 carrots, peeled & coarsely chopped. I had some baby carrots to use
·         6-8 Russet potatoes, peeled & coarsely chopped, I only used 3 large
·         1 small can of mushrooms, with liquid, or 1-2 cups of button mushrooms coarsely chopped (your preference)
·         1 small can of tomato sauce, or homemade tomato sauce or tomato soup (your preference)
·         Add enough water to the sauce to make 12 oz.

I had two kinda large chops from my butcher and browned them in a little olive oil on sauté, normal mode. I removed from the pot and added the chopped onions and cooked a minute or two then deglazed the pot with a little water. I placed the chops back in and then added all the veggies and tomato sauce.

I locked the lid and cooked on Meat stew normal mode for 15 minutes.  I served it with some toasted English muffins. Tasted pretty good; next time I would not add the water and use 2 cans of tomato sauce.  The sauce was a little thin and I like it a little thicker.


Chops and ingredients














Browning the chops














Onions and chops added














Rest of the ingredients added














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment