Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Skillet Chicken & Veggies over Rice

Dec 06 2016

I haven’t been feeling too perky and haven’t had much of an appetite. We had a few days of eating carry ins but last night I wanted home cooked. An easy meal is always cooked up in a skillet. I had chicken and veggies in the skillet over some yellow rice.

I bought some nice boneless skinless chicken breast strips. Some of them were tenders. For the veggies I had onions, garlic, red peppers, a few baby carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts. I did the rice in my rice steamer. Seasoning was soy sauce and mirin. I added about a Tbs. of corn starch mixed in some water so give it a sauce coating.

I don’t know why but I have a devil of a time cutting the little tendon out of the chicken tenders. They make it look so easy on the cook shows.

I cooked the chicken in some olive oil, 5 minutes per side and removed from the skillet.

I added the chopped onions and garlic to a hot skillet with some more olive oil. I added the carrots and let cook until the onions were getting brown then added the peppers, water chestnuts and snap peas. I let it all heat a while then added the chicken and a few splashes of soy sauce and mirin. I stirred it all and then added the corn starch slurry and stirred some more.


I served it over the yellow rice that was done and tasted pretty good. The chicken at the front of my plate was the dogs share.

Browning the chicken

 All in about ready to serve

My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment