Thursday, December 7, 2017

Cold Weather Chili

Dec 07 2017

Turned cold so it was time for a pot of chili for last nights supper. For years each batch of chili was a little different. My wife said why don’t you get a good recipe and stick to it. I am now keeping pretty consistent with my recipe.Following is my basic recipe.
1 to 1 ½ lbs ground chuck
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 - 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 can beans for chili, I used Bush’s
½ can of beer
1 cup beef broth
3 TBS chili powder or to taste
½ teaspoon cumin
Hot sauce to taste
If you like more beans add a can of pinto or little red beans

I brown the beef and drain off the grease then add the chopped onions and cook until soft then add in the chili powder and cook a while. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Bring all to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cook 2 to 3 hours. After an hour check for seasoning.

The wife and I like shredded cheese on top and sometimes sour cream served with saltine crackers and butter. Last nights chili was great.

Ingredients











Onions added to browned beef













Chili powder added













All in the pot













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment