Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Chili Lime Chicken & Sweet Potatoes

Oct 03 2017

I had a chicken bought for Sunday’s meal then the wife said she was going to the grandson’s soccer game so that left me alone to eat. I fixed it anyway along with some sweet potatoes. I usually do a fryer but all they had was a stewing chicken so I did it.

I brined the chicken overnight, spatchcocked it and in the fridge to dry several hours. I coated with a light coat of mayo and seasoned with some Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning. I smoked it at 250 deg. For a half hour then went to about 300 deg. grill level, it took about 2 ½ hours.

I cut two sweet potatoes in half, a little olive oil and on a sheet pan at 350 deg. for an hour. I had butter and maple syrup on my potato with salt. I like a sweet and salt on them.

The chicken came out great! Love the chili lime seasoning, it will make some good wings.

Ready to smoke













Done at 170 deg. IT













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment