Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sausage Reuben

Oct 06 2017


I was sure glad I popped over to Mary’s cooking blog The Deep South Dish and checked out her sausage reuben, it’s delicious! She said she got the idea from the Brick Tavern in Decatur, Alabama and the sandwich they call  a Five Fingered Banjo Picker.


Mary is my favorite southern cook and has a lot of good recipes, she is from about as far south as you can get in Mississippi. Her cooking is pure southern with Mississippi, Cajun and Creole influence.


The wife loves reubens but I use pastrami instead of corned beef. I used a pound of Bob Evans sausage and made 3 patties from it. I did them in my Traeger pellet grill for 45 minutes and then browned them up in my gas Weber at 400 deg. on flat grill grates 3 minutes each side and melted 2 slices of swiss cheese on top. I toasted the Kaiser buns.

I had some sauerkraut, sliced onion and tomato with Maille mustard on mine. The wife didn’t have onion on hers. We both thought they were pretty darned good. It was a good thing I didn’t fix and sides but had some chips with the sandwich. The sandwich was a whole meal, thanks for the idea Mary!

Click Here for Mary's recipe

Good!













Getting some smoke













Getting browned













Mustard













Kraut













Onion & tomato













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment