Monday, December 17, 2012

Beefy Meatloaf and Bistro Potatoes

Having changed my rouladens from beef to pork the other day left me hungry for beef so decided to do one of my favorite meatloaves. I had not fixed Bistro mashed potatoes lately and they would taste good with it.

I could not find the garlic and herb Shake and bake at the grocery so I had to settle for ranch and herb. That is one bad thing about large chain groceries, they don’t cater to the customer like the small groceries used to. A computer decides what they carry.

I made up the meatloaf early and in the fridge. I put the meatloaf on at 4:00 a half hour on smoke mode 175 deg. for a half hour then eased the temp up to 275 deg. It settled in about 300 deg. at grill level so left it there. I had planned on eating at 6:00.

A little after 5:00 I peeled the potatoes and got them on to boil. At 5:30 the meatloaf was done and I still had to do the potatoes and carrots! I heat my oven to 190 deg. pulled the meatloaf from the smoker and in the oven to hold while I finished up.

I got the potatoes mixed up to a good thick consistency that I like. I had the gravy heating up; a jar of Heinz savory beef with ½ can of cheddar and cream of celery soup and a little cream. I sautéed some baby carrots in butter, when they were soft I added some soy sauce and a little brown sugar.

I served the meatloaf and potatoes with gravy over, the sautéed carrots and some bread and butter. This made for a great meal, meatloaf was about fall apart but was moist and tasty; that is better than being too dense and dry!

Printable Meatloaf Recipe

Printable Bistro Potato Recipe

Meatloaf ingredients


Ready to mix up


Ready for the smoker


Meatloaf is done


The bistro mashed potatoes


Glazed carrots


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment