Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Good Luck Meal

It has sure been a cold holiday season. Christmas
week I did get my smoked pistachios and Cajun
crackers made. Our son & wife had Christmas
dinner for both families Christmas eve. I didn't
feel up to par so I missed it.

For Christmas Day our son, wife & grandson
came down, our daughter was here. We had
shrimp cocktail, meatballs and jiffy corn pudding.
We exchanged gifts and had a good time.

The day after Christmas my wife's sister &
husband came, her aunt and two cousins and our
family all went out to eat.

For New Years Day I had my usual pork and kraut.
I also had some black eyed peas in honor of my
southern cousin's father. My pork & kraut was two
CS ribs and four polish sausages. I added a half
can of beer and water. I don't drain the kraut, we
like it sour.

My wife makes Knopfles, German drop noodles
she learned to make from her Mother. They take
on sour from the kraut and really make the dish.
For the black eyed peas I sauteed some onion in
butter, added a small can of green chilies and the
peas.

Our son was watching football but his wife and
son came to eat some good food and welcome in
the New Year. I was surprised the grandson tried
the peas and liked them!


















My wife making the knopfles















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment