Monday, January 30, 2017

Loose Meat Sandwich, Oven Fries & Carrots

Jan 30 2017

I have not cooked much in about a month. I had back to back cases of stomach flu. I was just over the first about 4 days and got it again. I was hungry for some beef. I thought I would do loose meat sandwiches, oven baked sweet potato fries and some skillet carrots in butter.

Nancy’s Cousin Suzie used to make this a lot and was good. Wiki says the first loose meat sandwich came from a Tavern in Ill and was called a Tavern sandwich. Then in 1926 a guy in Iowa made one and called it loose meat and he eventually called it Maid Rite and started the chain of fast food places. These are mainly popular in the Mid-West.

I made mine from ground round 90-10 and only added salt and pepper. I used my new Stargazer cast iron skillet to do the meat. My meat was a little dry but tasted great to me! The next time I will use the recipe that calls for cooking down in water so it’s moister.

This is a quick and easy meal to make. I do my oven fries on nonstick foil for easy turning and cleaning up.

Click Here for good loose meat recipe

Browning the beef














Carrots














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment