Sunday, January 15, 2017

Instant Pot Flanken Ribs, Rice and Veggies

Jan 15 2017

It was a quite week end here and I chose some easy meals to make. For Saturday I had some flanken style beef ribs and a strip of beef I had saved from an English style chuck roast I get at my butchers. I browned the beef in a skillet under my broiler seasoned with some salt and pepper. It went into my Instant Pot, about ¼ cup of soy sauce, a little Merin, dried garlic flakes and about a cup of beef broth.
I set it on beef stew mode and set the timer for 45 minutes.

My sides was some Zatarain’s yellow rice and some frozen Asian style veggies done in the microwave. I had a Ciabatta bun I toasted, buttered and split with the wife. It tasted great, the beef was very tender and just enough flavor.


For our supper tonight I got a pot of chili going in my Instant Pot and set it on slow cook for 5 hours. We had it with buttered crackers and tasted pretty good for cold weather. I didn’t take any pics but you all know what chili looks like,




No comments:

Post a Comment