Saturday, February 7, 2015

NOLA Style BBQ Shrimp

Feb 06 2015

Most people when you say BBQ shrimp thinks of shrimp done on the outdoor grill. If you are from Louisiana you probably think of shrimp cooked or baked in a lot of butter, bacon grease and seasonings. I found this recipe years ago from the Frugal Gourmet. I love it done this way and has been a year or more since I have done them this way.

When we have this all we need with it is a good salad and some crusty bread to mop up the good butter.
Our salad tonight was some organic spring mix and baby spinach with a few pickled beets added.

I did the bacon, butter and seasonings in my lodge steel skillet then poured over the shrimp and baked in the oven. I placed the dish on the table so we could dip the bread in the good sauce. We were hungry as two Cajuns cause we ate all those shrimp!

Click here for printable shrimp recipe

My Plate















Ingredients















Shrimp















Bacon, garlic butter and seasonings in















Cajun seasoning added to the shrimp















Butter bacon sauce poured over















Baked, ready to serve















My salad

No comments:

Post a Comment