Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lemon Pepper Pork Chops, the easy way

Tonight’s supper was easy, almost no prep and no effort. I had some lemon pepper marinated boneless pork chops from my butcher, Kah Meats; about 2 lbs. of fresh asparagus, and some Alexia frozen sweet potato fries.

About an hour before cook time I washed & cut the asparagus, splashed on some white balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a little grey sea salt and pepper. I had planned to bundle w/silicone bands and doing on the smoker. At the last minute I decided to just do them in the microwave, I got lazy! I covered w/saran wrap and did for 8 minutes, they were just right for me.

I put the chops on at 4:30 for a half hour smoke. At 5:00 I put a basket of the fries on and went to 300 deg. At 5:30 I brushed the chops w/butter & molasses; I had mixed a teaspoon of molasses w/2 Tbs. of butter. I did both sides and moved the chops to the left side & fries to the right. The chops were about done & the fries needed to crisp some more. At 5:50 I went in & put the asparagus in the MW for 8 minutes then brought the chops & fries in.

Next time I would go to 325-350 deg after the smoke. I think the fries would crisp up better and the chops should get to 150 deg. IT in 30 to 40 minutes. Mine were at 160 deg.
The chops were about 5/8 inch thick.

It tasted pretty good for quick & easy. My grandson ate a lot of asparagus, ½ chop and 3 pieces of bread & butter. My veggie d-i-l just came home from work and ate some of the asparagus & fries; she said she could taste the smoke on the fries.


The asparagus


The Chops


On the Smoker


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment