Thursday, July 27, 2017

Grandma's Style Pizza

Jul 27 2017

I don’t make my own pizzas often since I can get them from Sandman’s carry out. The best in town and ready in 20 minutes, just 2 minutes away! When I came across this recipe at Serious Eats I had to give it a try.

It’s made on a sheet pan and one thing different was he used 6 oz. of riced potato to make a thinner crust. When I re-read the instructions I had missed that if you mixed the dough by hand you were supposed to let it rise overnight.

I did get it mixed and let it rise for 3 hours to try and get it done for supper. My toppings were the sauce, Parmesan, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. I used San Marzano tomatoes for the sauce and they really make a difference.

I let the dough on the sheet pan for 2 hours then spread out, added a little of the sauce and Parmesan and par-baked in a 550 deg. oven for 5 minutes.

I then added sliced mozzarella, Parmesan, fresh basil leaves and most of the sauce. I baked it at 550 deg. and it was done in 10 minutes. I let set about 5 minutes then sliced for the wife and me. Our son had stopped in so I gave him some to take home.


I didn’t get many pics of the process but below is the link to the recipe. It has a lot of good reading and photos. Pizza was delicious.


Ingredients except for Parmesan
















Par-baked ready for final bake
















Resting
















Sliced ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment