Thursday, June 29, 2017

First BLT's of the Summer

Jun 29 2017

Nothing looks better on a pellet smoker than a pound of bacon cooking and nothing goes better with it than some garden tomatoes! I used to have to wait until late July or early August when my tomatoes ripened. I think for about 10 years now Jolly’s produce stand goes to Tennessee and brings in tomatoes early and they are good.

I use Kah’s thick cut bacon and cook it on my Traeger, a pound will just fit. I cook it at about 280-290 deg. F at grill level. It takes about 1 ½ hours to get crispy like we like it.

I should call mine a BTL since that’s the way I want mine stacked; bacon on the bottom, tomato then ice berg lettuce on a cheap ole white bun or bread. I want 3 layers of bacon, mustard on the bottom and mayo on the top.


It tasted so good I had a second sandwich!!

Bacon at 1 hour















At 1 1/2 hours ready to serve















My supper















2nd supper

No comments:

Post a Comment