Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wok Chicken Pad Thai

Oct 23 2014

Getting tired of eating out I had to cook tonight bad leg or not. I have plenty of my Thai Kitchen Pad Thai kits so bought some chicken breasts to do all in my wok. Once I have all prepped the cooking would go fast so wouldn’t have to stand up long. I like the Pad Thai kits, the right amount of rice noodles to serve 4 and the sauce is good with tamarind in it.

Our son came down and mowed grass for me this afternoon and had to work tonight so the grandson stayed here. I figured his Mom would eat Pad Thai too with us. Here the grandson didn’t have school today, fog, so he and Dad met Mom for lunch and had sushi. She said she ate so much for lunch she was not hungry but the grandson ate some.

I cut the chicken breast into bite size and marinated in a little lime juice, soy sauce and cornstarch while I prepped the rest. I had two eggs to scramble, 5 green onions cut in 1 inch pieces, two cloves of garlic minced, some sugar snap peas, and a can of bean sprouts. I had crushed cashews for on top and I added some Mae Ploy’s chili sauce to mine for a little sweet heat. If you like a lot of heat use 2 or 3 Thai chilies or add hot sauce at the table.

I like the rice noodles since all you need to do is drop them in boiling water then set off the burner until ready to add to the wok. After I had all in I put a lid on the wok and let it steam a few minutes before serving. All cooked up nice and was pretty tasty! Next time I’ll use shrimp, I like it better than the chicken or I have used both.

Ingredients















Eggs scrambled, removed to add at the end















Green onions and garlic added















Chicken added then the snap peas















Bean sprouts and sauce added















Noodles and egg added















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment