Sunday, July 28, 2019

To honor my father, I smoked cajun crackers and pistachios for a 'celebration of life' after his memorial service yesterday. I hate that I didn't get pictures, but I didn't get the idea to mimic one of his posts until this morning.

As many of you know, these simple smokes are a huge hit with all friends and family.  I'm going to try my best to get more adventurous and add meats, etc. to my smoking repertoire. 

While I will never be close to as good as my dad, I want to give it a good shot to carry on his legacy of providing damn-good comfort food on a regular basis.  Stay tuned.

~Smokin' Jason~

2 comments:

  1. Jason,
    So sorry to hear of your dad's passing. He was a wonderful guy and a great cook, that will be missed by all who knew him.
    And to respond to your post of smoking crackers and pistachios...well Smokin' Don is looking down smiling from above so very proud of his son Smokin' keep Jason,to keep good cooking coming from his old Traeger!
    hikerman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, I was very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, and am thrilled to see you're keeping his blog going!

    Your Dad's smoked Cajun crackers were awesome! I remember him bringing them (and other goodies) to the Ohio Gatherings we had for the Let's Talk BBQ forum.

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete