Sunday, September 24, 2017

Smoke & Steam CS Pork Ribs w/Fried Hominy

09 24 2017

I don’t do country style pork ribs that often, I just never got them tender enough for me. They are not really ribs but sliced from the shoulder blade end of the loin. For me the best way was to smoke some and then braise or do in a crock pot. I did some Friday for our supper and added my Instant Pot pressure cooker to get them fall apart tender.

Reading some recipes for the IP called for 45 min. Cooking in the IP. I decided on 1 ½ hours in my Traeger pellet smoker and 35 minutes in my IP. I seasoned the 3 ribs I got from my butcher with some Galena Street rub and did them at 250 deg. grill level with LumberJack 100% hickory pellets.

Then they went in my IP, added about a cup of beer and ⅓ cup of BBQ sauce and set it on Meat/Stew for 35 minutes. When done I let it release the steam before opening and serving. I used my butchers sauce, it’s a little like Sweet Baby Ray’s only tangier. Use your favorite and water will work in place of beer. I removed grease with a gravy separator to serve over. They were fall apart tender, I ate most of mine with my fingers.

My side was some fried yellow hominy in a little olive oil and added chopped onion and red  peppers. We had some English muffins and butter with it. This made a great meal and will probably be my go to method for country ribs.

Done smoking













Ready for the pot













For my side














Done in the pot













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment