Friday, January 11, 2013

Greek Style Baby Backs

I was hungry for some Greek style baby backs. I don’t remember where I found the recipe but it is simple. It is just salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and zest. I get tired of my standard baby backs with my standard rub, Penzey’s Galena street rub. I usually do not sauce mine but serve sauce on the side.

I had baked potatoes and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower along with some bread and butter with the ribs.

I removed the membrane from the ribs, seasoned with salt and pepper, dried garlic flakes, oregano, the zest from one lemon and the juice of half lemon. I got them ready and covered with saran wrap and in the fridge about three hours before smoking. You can do them overnight, but it is best to wait a few hours before smoking to add the lemon juice.

I smoked the ribs a total of 4 ½ hours. 1 ½ hours at 180 deg. Then I went to 225 deg. for the rest of the cook. After 2 ½ hours I wrapped them in foil along with the juice from the other half of lemon for one hour. I unwrapped them for the last hour. I did go to 300 deg. for the last 15 minutes. This gave me almost fall off the bone ribs; the way we like them.

If you have a favorite way to do ribs use it; the end result is what is important and every smoker or grill may be different. I find the Greek style ribs a welcome change from the standard BBQ ribs once in a while. The wife and I enjoyed this supper.


Ribs and seasoning


Ready for the smoker


Take home and bake bread


Ribs are done


Veggies are done


Ribs cut and ready to serve


My Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment