Thursday, December 6, 2012

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls

Dec 06 2012

Another cook not done on my smoker but thought I would share it. I love cabbage rolls but hate making them, boiling the cabbage and rolling up the leaves with the stuffing. I was glad when I found this recipe for an easy version. Simply done in a large skillet or pot and served over rice.

I used a whole head of cabbage and 1 ½ lbs. of ground chuck for this time and added just a little more water. I did the ground chuck in a skillet until most of the pink was gone, drained in a colander, then back in the skillet with the chopped onions to cook and brown some more, and added some salt & pepper. I then added to a larger pot to finish and followed the recipe.

I baked some take home and bake rolls for my wife and grandson; I had some of Tango Joe’s collard green cornbread with mine. Go visit him for the recipe it is delicious.

We also had some Kerrygold Irish Butter for the breads. Awhile back someone on pelletheads forum ask me my favorite brand of butter. I said whatever is the cheapest; all tastes the same to me. This Irish butter is the best I have ever had, there is a difference. It is made with milk from grass fed cows. At $7 US a pound, this was at Sams Club that sells at discounts; I will not be using it all the time!

We all liked my supper, especially the Irish butter on the breads!

Printable Cabbage Recipe

Ingredients


Browning the ground chuck and onions


Cutting up the cabbage


Ready to serve


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment