Thursday, June 28, 2012

Smoked Meatloaf and garlic bologna

Anticipating 100 + deg. forecast for Thursday I did a meatloaf and some garlic ring bologna Wednesday. When I have room sometimes I throw on some ring bologna from my butcher Kah’s. I usually cut slits on both sides to get some more smoke flavor.

I can remember as a young kid my Mother would takes us in to Tubby Williams ice cream parlor for a fried bologna sandwich, ½ inch thick, at 10 cents each! My butcher Kah Meats used to make a great old fashioned bung bologna but quit since it wasn’t selling well. His ring bologna is now my favorite.

I love smoked bologna and I love garlic so this time I just cut a little deeper diagonally on one side and added some sliced garlic.

I made up the meatloaf and got it on smoke mode, then got the ring bologna made up & on, left on smoke mode for one hour then went to 275 deg until the meatloaf was 160 deg. IT. A little over 2 hours total cook time.

I let the meatloaf cool & tried the bologna; it was so good I ate about half the ring and all of the garlic slices.

The meatloaf was good but a little dry so won’t bother you with any details on it. Basically it was ground beef, sausage, salsa, sharp cheddar, seasoning, 2 eggs and some cracker crumbs. I dusted with smoked paprika. My wife heated hers up for supper and I had a cold meatloaf sandwich. She thought it was dry but it worked for me in a sandwich.

By lunch time tomorrow the bologna will be all gone!

Meatloaf ready to smoke


Bologna & garlic ready


After 1 hour of smoke


Baologna done


Meatloaf done


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment