Friday, January 27, 2012

My Wife Cooks! Low-fat Chicken

I guess I owe this post to my wife for fixing a pretty darn good low-fat meal last night. She was watching ABC’s Revolution show & seen The Chew’s Carla Hall prepare this recipe & decided to try it. It was for low-fat baked garlic chicken breasts & thighs and would also fix some low-fat mac & cheese.

I can’t remember the last time she cooked in the kitchen, usually when it’s her turn to cook we have fish from Captain D’s or pizza from our favorite, Beer & Wine Depot!
I knew I had to stay out of her way, I didn’t want to make her mad & she would say “This is the last time I am doing this!” I did pretty good at keeping my mouth shut & she did a good job of cooking.

The chicken was seasoned with garlic, salt & pepper, dipped in a mix of egg whites, Greek yogurt, & Dijon mustard then coated with Panko bread crumbs and baked in the oven. The mac & cheese was stove top and called for whole wheat pasta, milk cheddar cheese, minced onion, & dry mustard.

I had some of my left over greens & my Wife fixed herself a salad for a side. She halved the recipe for the chicken & just did breasts. The chicken was crunchy & moist. She asked how I liked it; I said “I would give you an 8 or a 9 on it”. We both agreed the pasta was a little bland & would have been better with the cheddar cheese. For the pasta I said only a 7 on it.

All in all I was pretty proud of her for doing a good job!

Link to Chicken Recipe

My Plate




Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment